The dashboard interface is the default view of the user after logging into the DRIVER website. It includes summary and overview information about the data within the DRIVER website.
Dashboard Widgets (Information Highlights)
DRIVER presents users with information highlights called widgets on the dashboard that allow for both easier viewing and filtering of data. These are:
- A map that shows current black spots color coded according to severity
- An incident map that shows accidents that occurred over the past two weeks
- A widget displaying the total economic loss and societal harm from the incidents over the last 90 days
- A widget that displays the total number of incidents that occurred during the past 30, 60, and 90 days.
- The ToDDoW (Time of Day, Day of Week) Chart, which shows the concentration of incidents over the last 90 days, and;
- A list of the user’s saved filters, if any.
If no filter is set, the Dashboard Widgets will show data from all of the Philippines.
Filtering Dashboard Data
These dashboard widgets may also be filtered according to the a particular region, city, or province set by the user.
To do this, simply click on the “Regions” tab on the header bar towards the upper left of the dashboard. From here, select whether you would like to filter the dashboard data according to region, or city/province.
The “All” button (next to the “Regions” tab) is a dropdown that lets users select a region, city, or province. The “All” button’s contents will adjust depending on whether the user selects “Region” or “City/Province” in the dropdown.
This default setting is preserved between user sessions on the same computer.
Accessing Incident Data
On the dashboard, users can also access and further filter data through the Map or the Record List.
The Map lets users view incidents in a variety of ways, such as through filter tools, layers, and more.
The Record List is a collection of all incidents reported in driver. Users may also narrow down their searches on the record list using filters.
Both the Map and the Record List can be accessed through the “Dashboard” button/dropdown located on the leftmost part of the header bar of the Dashboard. From here, users may select whether they would like to access the Record List or the Map.
To access the Map, simply go to the “Dashboard” button and select “Map” from the dropdown menu.
To access the Record List, click on the “Dashboard” button, and select “Record List” from the dropdown menu.